LA Music Review | Art, stories and advice
Raw, soulful and truly remarkable!
Growing up in Canada, and at the age of sixteen, Karine Hannah’s performance on a Canadian television show caught the eye of none other than Celine Dion. The world-renowned diva went on to ask Karine to perform at her wedding. “That was really the start,” she recalls. “It was such an incredible moment.”
In 2014, Karine signed a record deal with Nikki Minaj’s label, Cash Money Records.
“It happened at a time when I least expected it,” the songstress continues. “I’d been working so hard for so long, and then Cash Money came into the picture.”
Their partnership kicked off with Karine’s incendiary debut single “Burning Up”, co-written and produced by Josh Harris. It climbed all the way to number 5 on the Billboard charts. That’s only a prelude to what followed. Her next single co-written by Michael Jay called “Victory” which landed in the top 10 on the Billboard charts.
Start streaming “Classics EP” right here:
Ultimately, Karine stands poised to capture the world’s attention with her voice.
I want people to feel something massive in their soul after listening to me interpret a song, whether it’s an original or a cover tune, I sing from the soul, and I hope it reaches listeners.
Classics EP Tracklist:
- Sound Of Silence – Karine Hannah takes the classic The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel we all know and love and makes us believe she wrote it herself. Karine takes us on an emotional journey of loneliness, vulnerability, and darkness.
- I Think It’s Gonna Rain Today – Her soulful voice turns this into the kind of song that makes you want to curl up on the couch with a cup of tea, stare out the window and contemplate life. With a warm and inviting tone, she coaxes you to sing along with her.
- Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood – The song starts slow with softer vocals and it feels like Karine is talking right to us. The way she sings the words gives off an innocent and honest vibe, so much so that I’d believe anything she’d tell me.
- All Of My Love – Hannah’s range of skill is on full display as she tackles yet another classic; this time, Led Zeppelin’s “All of My Love.” It’s clear at this point that Hannah can meet any genre head-on, be it classic rock or pop or anything else.
- The Long and Winding Road – Hannah’s full and engaging voice takes this Beatles classic and reinvents it in the most exquisite way possible. She is able to bring a dimension to this song that the original simply does not reach.
- Bonus Track: California Dreamin’ – Rounding out the EP her rendition of the 1966 hit “California Dreamin’” is extremely unique. She transforms the formerly R&B/Soul song into a soothing ballad. There is a gentle piano accompaniment in the background that peeks through in the middle of Hannah’s vocals allowing for the perfect contrast of intense and timid sound.
Connect with Karine Hannah